The Academy of Music And Performing Arts (AMPA) is one of Australia's leading tertiary providers of performing arts education.
Educating and inspiring young artists for over 30 years, AMPA remains committed to providing the highest quality in music and performing arts degrees, including music production and composition, contemporary and classical music, music theatre and dance performance (contemporary, ballet and jazz).
With its distinctive personal approach, high calibre teaching staff, emphasis on performance-based study and individual study designs, AMPA equips talented artists with the skills essential to succeed as musicians, dancers, performing artists, composers, producers, choreographers, directors, teachers and industry professionals in Australia and around the world. Given the demands of such highly competitive industries, AMPA’s ultimate priority is to develop inspirational and proficient artists who will leave a lasting impact on whichever field they choose.
Recent developments at AMPA include:
- Earning the #1 ranking for Learner Engagement and Skills Development amongst tertiary music providers in NSW in the 2019 QILT Survey.
- Expansion of individual music units to ensure AMPA students receive more individual lessons and mentoring than any other tertiary provider in Australia.
- Expansion of postgraduate courses to 18 weeks per study period.
- The scheduling of major dance showcase events for the end of every trimester.
- Course improvements to the Associate Degree of Dance to enhance engagement in preliminary stages.
- Launch of new recording/production studio and tracking rooms.
- Upgrade to raked audience seating in the Tom Mann Theatre.
- Establishment of the Electronic Digital Instrument (EDI) as a Principal Study, allowing for 12 x individual mentoring sessions with a specialist.
Higher Education Accreditation
- AMPA is a registered Higher Education Provider through the Australian Government - Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)
- AMPA is a registered FEE-Help provider for all of its courses
- AMPA is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
- AMPA is AUSTUDY/ABSTUDY approved for all full-time courses
- AMPA is a member of the Australian Council of Private Education and Training (ACPET)