Quang Hong Luu
"AMPA provides a comprehensive yet flexible and highly practical learning experience to students of all fields. The intimate interaction of the smaller and more focused environment stimulates the creative chemistry among students and teachers. There are also wonderful opportunities of collaboration for past alumni which is such a rewarding support and foundation for their career development."
Luu Hong Quang has enjoyed an extensive performance and competition career, and the recipient of prestigious awards in piano competitions such as First prize in piano competitions organized by Sydney Eisteddfod, Kawai Piano Award, Chopin Piano Award, 19th Century Piano Award, Piano Recital Award and First prize in Lev Vlassenko competition for ages 16-30 (with four extra prizes). During this time, he was also honored to perform with many famous orchestras such as Hanoi Symphony Orchestra, Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra, Orchestra from Florence (Italy), Symphony Orchestra Queensland (Australia), KOZY Symphony Orchestra, Metropolitan Orchestra (Sydney) and the Wuhan Symphony Orchestra (China). In addition, he was also awarded awards by the State of Vietnam to recognize of his contributions to the country's music industry.
Performances by Luu Hong Quang have included:
• Performed with the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Hidemi Suzuki at the Hanoi Opera House in 2009.
• Performed with the Metropolitan Orchestra of Australia with conductor Sarah-Grace Williams in 2009.
• Performed with the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Honna Tetsuji to celebrate Chopin's 200th birthday at the Hanoi Opera House in 2010.
• Performed with Vietnam Ballet Orchestra with conductor Nguyen Thieu Hoa in the "Autumn Melodies" concert at Hanoi Opera House in 2010.
• Performed with an orchestra from Florence, Italy with conductor Lorenzo Skanderberg in the 2010 Toyota Classic concert;
• Performed with Queensland Symphony Orchestra from Australia with conductor Edward Tchivzhel in 2011;
• Solo performance in the anniversary of "Australia Independence Day" organized by the Australian Embassy at Hanoi Opera House and Ho Chi Minh City in 2011;
• Performed with the symphony orchestra of the Vietnam National Academy of Music with conductor Christian Schumann at the Tokyo Opera City Concert Hall in Japan in 2012;
• Performing with the symphony orchestra of the Vietnam National Academy of Music with conductor Le Phi Phi at the Hanoi Opera House in the BIDV concert program;
• Performing with the symphony orchestra of the Vietnam National Academy of Music with conductor Carlos Lopez at the Hanoi Opera House in the celebration of the 55th anniversary of the Vietnam National Academy of Music;
• Solo performance in the concert "Emerging artists Series" organized by Themes and Variations Piano Showroom in 2012;
• Solo performance in the concert "Young Asian talents Introduction" held in Paris - France in 2013;
• Solo performance in the concert "Piano Talents Introduction" organized by Steinway-Sons Group in New Zealand in 2013;
• Premiere performance in Montreal, Canada, at the Bourgie concert hall in November 2015;
• Premiere performance in China with the Wuhan Symphony Orchestra and conductor Stephano Vignati in March 2016.
• Solo performance on the 60th anniversary of the Vietnam National Academy of Music on November 24th, 2016.
• Performed in Kuching, Sibu, and Miri- Malaysia organized by Miri Orchestra & Choir Society (MOC) and Barakh Music in collaboration with SarawakMiri Ministry of Culture, Arts and Tourism in January 2017.
• Performed with the Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Mark Kadin in the concert "Pyotr Ilych Tchaikovsky" at the Hanoi Opera House on March 10th, 2017.
• Toured in some countries in Europe: UK, Germany, Italy, Iceland in May 2018.
• Solo performance in the French - Vietnamese cultural exchange program in Ceret, France on October 16th, 2018.
• Solo performance in the charity concert "Evolution", organized by Maestoso Music Development Joint Stock Company and exclusive sponsor Eva Airways at Hanoi Opera House on October 3rd, 2018.
• Performed with pianist Luu Duc Anh and Vietnam National Symphony Orchestra with conductor Honna Tetsuji in the "Brahms Piano Concertos" concert at Hanoi Opera House on November 18th, 2019.
• Performed with artist Samuel Dharma in the concert "The Young Brahms and Schumann" at Australia Piano World, Australia, on November 1st, 2019.
• Duet performed with pianist Luu Duc Anh in the concert "Ode to Joy" to celebrate the 250th birthday anniversary of Ludwig Van Beethoven composer at the Vietnam National Academy of Music, on January 5th, 2020.
• Performed with Woollahra Philharmonic Orchestra with conductor Warwick Tyrrell in the concert "Back in Bloom" in Australia in March 2021.